We live in an increasingly secular culture. The shadows of secular worldviews and social progression cast long, cold outlines over our lives, the lives of our kids, the education system, and the whole of society. Christians must find a way to thrive in the shadows like the heroes of faith who came before. Below are a few books, websites, and videos that we believe will help Christians understand the issues at stake, find biblical clarity, and move toward compassionate interaction with the LGBTQ+ community. This is not an exhaustive list but a list that will get you started.
As we move through our sermon series, if a sermon raised a question you’d like answered or if you have a question you’d like addressed with relation to our sermon topics, these resources are a great way to dig deeper into what the Bible has to say in these areas. As you seek God’s heart for these topics, feel free to reach out and contact us with any further questions you may have!
- God Made Me in His Image: Helping Children Appreciate Their Bodies – Justin and Lindsey Holcomb
- Thriving in Babylon – Larry Osborne
- Holy Sexuality – Christopher Yuan
- Gay Girl, Good God – Jackie Hill Perry
- Living in a Grey World, A Christian Teen’s Guide to Understanding Homosexuality – Preston Sprinkle
- The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert – Rosaria Butterfield
- Openness Unhindered – Rosaria Butterfield
- Understanding Gender Dysphoria – Mark A. Yarhouse
- Embodied – Preston Sprinkle
- Transgender – Vaughan Roberts
Websites & Articles
This is Preston Sprinkle’s non-profit that is full of resources (videos, articles, etc.) for adults, small groups, etc.
A website aimed at college and high school students that addresses the LGBTQ+ issues they’ll encounter and how to respond biblically and compassionately.
A brief course by The Gospel Coalition (Rosaira Butterfield) on homosexuality, truth, friendships, and the gospel.
A short and very helpful video about how the gospel and our churches need to be big enough for our transgender neighbors.
Teaching & Sermons
A study on how sexuality relates to discipleship and how we may be forming or deforming our hearts through how we use our bodies.
A look at how God has designed humanity for flourishing.
If you missed any of our sermons from this series, feel free to check them out!